Stoney Bachman, Termite Damage Expert Witness
Phone: (803) 531-7233
1055 Amelia Street, P.O. Box 448
Orangeburg, South Carolina 29115
Areas of Expertise
- Formosan and Native Subterranean Termite Damage
- Dry Wood Termites
- Wood Rot and Other Wood Destroying Fungi
- Non-structural Pest Such as Bedbugs, Cockroaches, and Household Ants
Summary of Qualifications
- Has served as an expert witness is more than 50 cases.
- Has provided expert opinions on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants.
- Board Certified Entomologist, BCE.
- Holds a Bachelor of Science in Entomology from Clemson University.
- Has conducted more than 300 Structural Pest investigations over 12 years as an Inspector for the Clemson University Department of Pesticide Regulation.
- Has served as an Entomologist for South Carolina Department of Corrections.
- Owner and operator of ORKIN PEST CONTROL, Franchise #935 for 10 years.
- Served as Pest Control Services Manager for Home Pest Control Company.
- Recognized by the National Pest Management Association (NPMA).
- Certified, BCE, by the Entomological Society of America.
- Provides training of investigators for state and federal law enforcement officials, local crime scene investigators and coroners’ offices.
Recent Case History as Expert Witness
- Robert Graf v Isle of Palms Pest Control;
Nature of Litigation: Formosan Termites, Treatment Standards
- Norwood v Low Country Pest Management;
Charleston Cty, SC (2014-CP- 10-5678)
Nature of Litigation: Formosan Termites
- DaPore v Ledford’s Termite & Pest;
Charleston Cty, SC (2014-CP- 10-0602)
Nature of Litigation: Formosan Termites, Wood Decay Fungi
- Davis v Atlantic;
Beaufort Cty, SC (2015-CP- 07-2300)
Nature of Litigation: Subterranean Termites, Wood Rot
- Connelly v Edisto Sales and Rentals;
Colleton Cty, SC (2015-CP- 15-46)
Nature of Litigation: Bedbugs